Thursday, September 15, 2011

621 week 3 reflection

I almost forgot to post this week! Reflecting on this week's class I would have to say that nothing really surprised me but it was fun to do the sundae-making exercise and to see how other people came up with ideas that would help others learn. It's always so interesting to me to see groupwork in action and to hear the ideas that others have with respect to learning. While all of our ideas shared similarities, they were also all quite different in their own way which tells me that we all have preferences for how we learn best too, not just how we expect to teach differently. The definitions were interesting too because I know how I think of certain terms, based on what I have learned and it was good to learn how others view the same terms. I know there are textbook definitions of these terms but it's all in how people interpret what they hear and learn so it was interesting to see that in action. The readings for last week were also interesting. My BA is in psychology so I got a lot of that information during my undergrad work. This was like a refresher for me in a sense. I had to take Brain and Behavior, and a Learning class as well while at Le Moyne so I know a bit about what the chapter was touching on. I guess I did retain something from my undergrad because I remembered most of what the book said! Who'd have thought?? I guess I don't have much else to say on this week's class. It went by so quickly and while I feel like we covered alot of information, it was more or less a recap. Until next week...

No comments:

Post a Comment