Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Week 9 reflection

I figured I'd get this weeks reflection out of the way since I'm getting ready to attend the conference and won't have extra time this week. There are original questions for these reflections that I've been blowing off in favor of writing about topics of my choice but I think this week I will stick to protocol. So, what did I learn this week? I learned that each time we do the same exercise where we have to design a lesson plan for the given scenario, it gets easier because each theory plays off the other in some way. We are learning in the same way we are being taught to design instruction and that is having an impact on me for sure. I like social learning theory because it feels like a combination of behaviorism and cognitivism that I can relate to. I was feeling like I could use aspects of both theories so combining the two into social learning really appeals to me. My learning scenario seemed to go a lot smoother this time around though, with the cognitivism kb. So I am looking forward to putting together the social learning kb as well now. I felt that my learning scenario was tailored more to cognitivism and it felt like I was forcing it to fit into the behaviorism theory, only because of the map making process and the idea that I have that there's a thought process that goes into how we make meaning of mapping. There's that qualitative bit again! What else...I like that we are actually working with the same groups each time because I know what to expect from my team members and it makes it easier to do the work. We have each other figured out, we know our own limitations and can put a design together better now that we have familiarized ourselves with each other's work habits, ethics, styles, etc. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment