Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Week 12 post

So I am a little behind on my posts here, only by 2 weeks though so I will get right to it. Let's see, the week before Thanksgiving we went over everyone's front page of their KB and I liked everyone's work but I think I will keep mine the way it is. I may attempt to add some outside links but that would be all I would change. If I was more versed in prezi I would definitely use that but time is of the essence here and since i am so technologically stunted, I will go with what I know, my old standby, PowerPoint. I know, it's lame but what is a girl to do this late in the game? I need a course on all these new tools! Seriously, I could really use such a thing. I love what all these new tools can do, how they can make a presentation come alive, but what good are they to me if I can't figure out how to even use them? And this is the thing that really irks me actually. Our department is all about instructional design, which includes but is not limited to technology and the latest advances in technology for use in instruction, yet we do not have the resources to teach it to our current students even! Doesn't make sense to me at all. How are we supposed to be at the forefront of our field if we cant even teach our students to use the technology we promote? Maybe it's just me but whenever someone uses a new technology in a class, I am not the only one who is awed by what can be done. In this class even, there are a number of students who have asked what certain websites are for creating new presentations. And this class is full of younger students so if they don't know it, who does?
So back to my lame old presentation...I was thinking in class that I would like to make the whole presentation into a google pages thing but then I don't know how to convert my interactive front page for that so I will stick with what I have for now. I was very impressed with the other front pages though and would like to use some of their ideas for future projects. Until next time...which is in a few minutes...

No comments:

Post a Comment